50 Ways To Change Your Life Today
Changing your life can happen today if you are willing to take action right now. No matter what it is, as long as you act, you are moving forward. It is the small daily steps where change happens, so start one of these now!
Here are 50 examples of ways that you can change your life:
1. Get a new job – Our career is an area in which we spend a lot of our time, and if its not your dream job that you are doing, then you need to keep looking.
2. Talk to a stranger - You best friend could be out there waiting for you to talk to them. You’ll never know unless you try.
3. Learn a new language – Being able to speak a secondary language can open up all sorts of possibilities.
4. Live in a another country – Nothing can give you the jolt that you need like upping sticks and moving somewhere else for a while.
5. Unplug your television - Better yet give it away. Once you learn to survive without it, you’ll wonder how you ever wasted time on it.
6. Volunteer – Nothing can uplift you better than helping someone in need. There is a reason why rich people turn to philanthropy.
7. Take up cooking lessons – Everyone loves a good cook. You can use your new found culinary skills as an excuse to have social get to-gethers.
8. Commit to 30 days in the gym - Exercise makes a huge difference to our lives. A commitment like this would improve your health no end.
9. Cut back on cigarettes and/or alcohol – If you feel lousy on a regular basis, then this is the first thing that will make a real improvement on your quality of life.
10. Go back to school – Is there something that you always wished you’d studied when you were young? Its never too late. Sign up and get going.
11. Start your own business - Nothing can improve your quality of life like being your own boss. Take that idea and make it real. You can even make money online.
12. Become a mentor - There are hundreds of people out there that would love to benefit from your skills and pick your brains. Give them the chance.
13. Try vegetarianism for a week – Being a veggie is all the rage these days. Perhaps there is something to it – You’ll never know unless you try it yourself.
14. Read up on another Religion – Blasphemous for some. Enlightening for others. If you align with a collective, see if you can understand your faith from a different perspective.
15. Speak to a member of the opposite sex - If you are available, then what are you waiting for? It could be the start of something good.
16. Reconnect with your partner – If you have a loved one, take more time off and spend it with them. Quality time really makes the difference.
17. Spend time with your children - If you have children, sit down and play with them for a while. You’ll both be glad that you did.
18. Take up some solitary time - What project have you been putting off? Make some room for it in your life and let it in.
19. Say thankyou – “Thankyou” is one of the most powerful things you can say to another person, as it lets them know you appreciate them. Say it to someone today.
20. Do something that scares you - We all have fears. We can only grow when we face up to them. Think about your fear, and face up to it.
21. Sell unwanted possessions – Removing clutter from our lives has the effect of making us feel more free. Get rid of those old things that you have been hoarding and have a spring clean.
22. Sell your car – Learning to get around without a car can seem like a daunting possibility, though some of us tend to rely on them even when a walk is enough. If this is you, then ask yourself if you really need it.
23. Move house - Where you live has a huge impact on your sense of wellbeing. If you are stuck in a route, maybe its time to pack your bags and migrate.
24. Go on vacation – Perhaps a holiday is just what you need to reconnect with yourself and your life. Look at some possibilities now.
25. Rest - Take a day off, and do nothing at all. You will find that all your problems seem to disappear.
26. Set new goals – How many things on this list do you want to try? Compile them into a list now and get started on them.
27. Seek professional help - Sometimes, there are things in our lives that we just can’t resolve on our own. Seek out services that can help.
28. Put in some overtime – If you aren’t earning enough or meeting your targets, try putting in some extra hours. It could make all the difference in the future.
29. Make a list of your dreams – If you don’t know what you want, then life will never be what it could be. Sit down for 15 minutes with pen and paper and decide what your really want to do with your life.
30. Track your habits – Keeping a diary of your daily activities can reveal insights about yourself that you would never of dreamed of. This is powerful, start it now.
31. Delegate a task – Is there something you are working on when there is someone around better suited to the task? Pass it on to them and focus on something that is more important.
32. Stand up for yourself - Are you putting up with something that is causing you a problem? Let that person know how you feel. Hiding our thoughts only worsens the problem. Be careful on this one.
33. Find something that you are good at - You may be the next Picasso without realizing it! Try out some new activities and see which ones you like the most.
34. Go to sleep – Lack of sleep causes us to feel angry and without energy. Try a bit of R&R and wake up refreshed and seeing life in a new way.
35. Resolve your differences – Have you been harboring negative feelings toward someone for some time? Meet them in a neutral environment and let them know your fears once and for all. You will be glad that you did.
36. Build a website – Websites are a great way to connect with people or even be used to make money online. Its the future – Are you in?
37. Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while – Often that person thinks of you and doesn’t act for the same reason you don’t. Pick up the phone and bridge that gap.
38. Fix your posture. Sit up or stand up straight - Keeping good posture is a simple way to keep us feeling good. The Alexander technique is a great way to solve posture problems.
39. Let something go from your past – Your past has gone, and the future is tomorrow. Release that burden and embrace the unknown. You’ll be glad you did.
40. Let go of negative people – These people will never allow you to show your best side. If they are unwilling to support you, then you need to let them go.
41. Learn the art self-hypnosis – Hypnotherapy can be used in all sorts of ways such as in helping with relaxation to improving mental performance. Give it a go!
42. Have a bath - Sometimes the simple things make the biggest difference to our outlook.
43. Stop procrastinating - Whatever it is you are putting off so you can read this article..Get back to it now!
44. Apply productivity techniques to your life – Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity is a tried and tested way to get more done in less time. Check it out.
45. Take up extreme sports – Not for the faint of heart, doing something excessive could be just the jolt you need to get back into gear.
46. Take up meditation - A still mind is a quiet mind. Meditation is a great way to keep anxiety at bay, and helps you to understand yourself much better. Try it.
47. Take up yoga - Increasingly becoming more popular every day. Lets see that Warrior Pose…
48. Tell yourself that you love being alive - Being appreciative is what makes life worth living. Affirmations are a great way of reminding ourselves of that fact.
49. Learn to laugh – Humor is one of the most powerful natural coping mechanisms that we have. Learn to use it effectively!
50. Come up with 50 ways to change your life – Harder then you think, but those ideas make all the difference.
So there you have it. START NOW!!!